HR Master Class Series : Cape Winelands
Please find below an outline of the Cape Winelands HR Master Class Series. For more information download the pamphlet by clicking here.
The Evolution of Strategic HR: Critical Reflections and Emergent Perspectives on People, Practices & Paradoxes
- Description: The first Master Class sets the scene for the series by reflecting on HR’s evolution in response to a rapidly changing and unpredictable corporate context. It addresses key HR issues and poses emerging thoughts on the agenda, value contribution and paradoxes within the field. Industry leaders, acclaimed authors and academics will share their view on HR's current trends, challenges and future directions along with practical advice on how to optimise the HR workforce by implementing best practice criteria and ensuring HR's alignment with the business strategy as a whole.
- Date: 26 June 2015
- Venue: Webersburg Wine Estate
- Networking and Winelands Experience: Cellar tour of Webersburg Wine Estate followed by a wine & food pairing
- Complimentary bottle of Webersburg wine
Master Class on Labour Law, Ethics & Risk Management Strategy
- Description: This Master Class explores the legislative amendments, key policy changes and the resulting ramifications for HR and organisational practices as a whole. HR’s conundrum in balancing compliance, profit and ethical conduct will also be under the spotlight along with the challenges HR executives face in gaining an understanding of risk management methodology and the process of identifying-, mitigating- and managing HR risks.
- Date: 17 July 2015
- Venue: Spier Wine Estate
- Networking and Winelands Experience: Spier wine tour & tasting
- Complimentary bottle of Spier wine
Creating a Talent Intelligent Organisation
- Description: Managing talent is a critical HR challenge facing organisations today and projected for the future, yet more than 6 out of 10 HR professionals feel that their organisations are not doing enough in this area. In a global marketplace in which key talent is a scarce and essential asset for success, HR leaders must ensure that organisations attract, retain and develop human capital. In this Master Class prominent researchers and practitioners share their perspectives on the talent management revolution and the emergence of talent intelligence (TQ). Talent management trends, challenges and future directions will be discussed with an in depth look at creating a TQ organisation that will bridge the skills gap and empower the various talent generations.
- Date: 21 August 2015
- Venue: The house of JC Le Roux
- Networking and Winelands Experience: Cellar tour followed by a sparkling wine & food tasting at JC Le Roux
- Complimentary MCC gift pack
Performance Management: The Art and Science of Enabling Organisational Excellence Through People
- Description: In a competitive business environment, performance management has become a strategic elixir in delivering sustainable organisational success. The fourth Master Class will explore the important linkages between organisational strategy, HRM, and performance outcomes. Top industry leaders will share their success models in optimising, monitoring and evaluating performance. The focus will be on identifying and promoting key drivers, systems, tools and technology that enable performance and create a competitive advantage.
- Date: 18 September 2015
- Venue: Brenaissance Wine & Stud Estate
- Networking and Winelands Experience: Gourmet Pizza and wine tasting at Brenaissance
- Complimentary bottle of Brenaissance wine
Engagement and Organisational Energy
- Description: The theory of organisational engagement is extensive yet often lack accurate application and efficacy. Leading practitioners will share their experience on how to ignite motivation and implement engagement initiatives that will inspire an inclusive, purpose driven organisational culture. The focus for this Master Class is on the strategic-, leadership- and cultural architecture that needs to be in place in order to engage the organisational workforce and ensure renewed organisational energy.
- Date: 23 October 2015
- Venue: Dornier Wine Estate
- Networking and Winelands Experience: Dornier wine tasting
- Complimentary bottle of Dornier wine
The E-HR Wave and Its Strategic Application
- Description: The final Master Class in the series addresses the latest E-HR technologies, E-HRM trends and its impact on ‘traditional’ HR practices. The potential advantages, challenges and changing realities of strategically applying web-based technologies to HR-related systems and information management will be discussed. Various E-HR technologies will also be exhibited and showcased during this session.
- Date: 13 November 2015
- Venues: Delheim Wine Estate
- Networking and Winelands Experience: Cellar-, vineyard tour & wine tasting at Delheim followed by a chocolate, port & wine tasting at Muratie Wine Estate
- Complimentary bottle of Delheim wine